If i change my theme i will lose my configuration on the current one?

giacomocl

Hi, how are you?

I configured my store and added all my products, now i want to try to use a different theme, but im worried about if im going to lose my configuration. I mean, i know that all themes are not the same, but i want to know that if i change my theme and later i want to use again the Prestashop default theme and all my store is going to look the same. Explaining a little bit more, i want to know if all my configuration from the default theme (classic theme) will be saved on the Classic Theme folder and i can work with a new theme without make changes on the Classic Theme folder, so if i want the default theme again, i just want to select "Classic" and i want my store to look perfect.

I want to try something new but i also like the default theme (i personalized it a bit), its just curiosity but i dont want to lose the work i had done.

Sorry if i had any mistake, my main language is not english. Greetins from Argentina and thank you so much!

Most of the new themes come with some extra modules of their own, plus some rearrangement of the default modules positions.

Applying this will most likely change the appearance in the other themes, including the Classic one.

But, upon installing every theme ask you what modules to keep, delete, etc.

If you want to get back to a previous theme you should make a note of what module is uses and at what position in order to restore theme as they were.