merchandise return: interaction with allowed time frame / days?

folks, can anybody tell me from his/her experience what happens if I set the allowed time frame for merchandise return in BO to say 10 days. Does this just trigger a verbal note somewhere or does this even automatically shut down/disable an RMA request in the customer's account? The latter would be quite harsh but just want to make sure that I add some more days allowing delivery before the customer is locked out from an RMA request.

phil

PrestaShop will prevent customers from submitting a merchandise return after the period has expired, so be careful to provide an appropriate amount of time for customers to respond. Note that the number of days is counted after you change the "Order status" to "Delivered". Whatever number you enter is also displayed to the customer when they submit the merchandise return and on the PDF they download.

PrestaShop will prevent customers from submitting a merchandise return after the period has expired, so be careful to provide an appropriate amount of time for customers to respond. Note that the number of days is counted after you change the "Order status" to "Delivered". Whatever number you enter is also displayed to the customer when they submit the merchandise return and on the PDF they download.

ooops, good to know. but when does the countdown start then? it says x days after delivery. is this delivery based on the 'delivered' flag in my orders overview? hope so, otherwise I would have a small problem as law in germany requires me to offer 14 days from actual delivery. if I have no tacking number I can only guess when delivery usual takes place and would have to set the 'delivered' flag for an order accordingly in order not to prevent customers to request a merchandise return within 14 days...