[SOLVED] Out of Stock Warning

PrestaShop already displays a red circle icon for products that are out-of-stock in the cart and prevents you from proceeding until you have removed the out-of-stock product from your cart. Is that not enough? Do you want an error message before the customer clicked "Next" instead of after?

Sorry for not being clear. I currently allow customers to order out of stock items, in which case the red icon appears telling them that the item is not in stock. I would like to go a step further and display a note at the bottom of the shopping cart summary reminding them that orders will take extra time to ship out when ordering out of stock items. I want this note to appear only when out of stock items are in the cart. Thanks

Try adding the following to shopping-cart.tpl where you want the warning message to appear:

{assign var='out_of_stock' value=0}
{foreach from=$products item=product}
  {if $product.quantity == 0}
     {assign var='out_of_stock' value=1}
  {/if}
{/foreach}
{if $out_of_stock}{l s='Warning: Some products in your cart are out-of-stock and will take longer to be delivered.'}{/if}

• 6 years later...

Try adding the following to shopping-cart.tpl where you want the warning message to appear:

{assign var='out_of_stock' value=0}{foreach from=$products item=product}   {if $product.quantity == 0}      {assign var='out_of_stock' value=1}   {/if}{/foreach}{if $out_of_stock}{l s='Warning: Some products in your cart are out-of-stock and will take longer to be delivered.'}{/if}

Seems good but does not work with 1.6.

Could there also be a message when stock quantity is 2 but the customer orders 3 or more.

I was able to add a line to cart that shows product quantity in stock only in the case of customer ordering more than stock quantity.

shopping-cart-product-line.tpl

{if $product.quantity_available < $product.cart_quantity && $product.quantity_available >= 0}{$product.stock_quantity}{l s=' qty'}{else}{/if}

This does not work with ajax but only when page is refreshed.