how to move prestashop to root directory

The tutorial you are using is very old.

You simply go to your back-office change on tab Preferences -> SEO & URL the BASE URI to / (now should be /shop/ or something like this).

Save it.

Than you go to FTP file administration and simply move all data you are having on Folder /shop to the folder /public_html. Better you can do it with Filezilla, instead of the feature of cPanel.

After  moved you simply log to your back-office without the /shop/ in the url.

Regenerate your .htaccess if necessary and also robots.txt.

Delete browser cache and cookies, delete smarty cache as well, if you are using own theme.

• 10 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 4:31 AM, selectshop.at said:

You simply go to your back-office change on tab Preferences -> SEO & URL the BASE URI to / (now should be /shop/ or something like this).

Save it.

Than you go to FTP file administration and simply move all data you are having on Folder /shop to the folder /public_html. Better you can do it with Filezilla, instead of the feature of cPanel.

Delete browser cache and cookies, delete smarty cache as well, if you are using own theme.

Sr! I just logued in for very first time to say THANK YOU!!!...Easy and effective.

• 1 year later...
On 4/23/2018 at 4:31 AM, selectshop.at said:

Save it.

Hi: I have done all you said and the result was good, but the only issue is that product images are not shown on the Front end, but they are in the back office. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I renamed the folder from [domain]/testing to [domain]/shop

I changed the BASE URI in Preferences -> SEO & URL and regenerated the .htaccess and robots.txt files and cleared the cache.

It seems to have worked for the most part. However, when I try to do any translations for any of the installed modules it seems to still be referencing the old directory. I get errors like the following

===========
Oops... looks like an unexpected error occurred.

Compile Error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/user/example.com/testing/modules/paypal/paypal.php' (include_path='/home/user/example.com/shop/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/user/example.com/shop/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/user/example.com/shop/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/user/example.com/shop/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear')

[Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException 0]

=============

What else do I need to do to correct this problem?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 12:31 PM, selectshop.at said:

Save it.

Hello thanks for informations but i want to do the same but on prestahsop 1.7 , is the same procedure?