New store selling cupping sets(My first store)

cupandacu

Hi Guys,

Huge thanks to Prestashop platform and the forum!
I began with basically zero experience with e-commerce and now have my very own store online. Its far from perfect but it seems to work. Just goes to show how user friendly PS is.

My store is not 100% done but most of the frame work is there for me to add more products and tweak here and there.

A Massive thank you to DG CRAFT also for the free theme!
Please check it out.

www.thecuppingshop.com

Love to hear what you think....

really nice. As someone who claims not to have any experience, your website looks very professional. I'm trying to mine started for days but with no knowledge of "internet servers" and whatnot, I'm stuck in so many steps of PS installation.

Anyways, critique: add some color --looks kind of bland and not captivating. Add more product pictures taken at different angel and zoom so potential buyers will feel like they're seeing them 360 degress in real life.

I think your store is awesome for the little work you say you put into it. Good job!

I do have a few comments I would like to offer that you can use as you choose.

1. I do like the clean look of your site. I agree with the previous poster that some additional color might be useful, but I would say use it sparingly. Remember to check out sites are experts at selling such as amazon.com. They have millions invested in understanding the psychology of color and how it affects buying habits. There is also, always something to learn from looking around at other sites that are your competitors and using the best of what you find.

2. You might consider a logo upgrade. I really like the "cuppingshop" part, but the "The" and the ".com" don't look like they are at the same quality level. In my opinion they detract from your logo tremendously. I would either get them on the same quality level or get rid of them.

3. I'm interested to see what you provide in the form of a newsletter. I subscribed.

4. I think your theme is good and you may want to consider changing the grey buttons to green or some other "buying color." I feel very blah with grey. Green is a good buying color as it signifies may good things in life and is well know as the "go" color.

5. I think your free shipping worldwide offer is incredible. What is the most expensive shipping cost you've ever had, if you don't mind saying?

6. When I went to the cart after I added an item, there was an area to add a voucher code that was completely grey. I didn't like this. I think it would be better if that area to enter the voucher code was more like the area you have to fill subscribe to your newsletter.

I hope this was helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

The design is very neat and indeed the free global shipping is a cool idea. I just would like to see some color on your site - maybe more colorful pictures for the items or more color on the logo.. I can't believe you had 0 knowledge and made this site. Congrats and wish you lots of sales :))

Hi all,

I really appreciate all the feedback! I am definitely going to take everything onboard and make adjustments over the next few weeks.

I plan to:
- modify the logo
- add color
- add more photos

Curtdonohue, I had a quick look at your site and I think your concept is great. You are right that documentation is very limited in regards to prestashop. However, I found the forums is a great starting point. I also found that if I had an issue, because of my limited programming experience, 90% of the time would be to try and find the right info. In terms of free shipping, I have found from previous experience that this is usually a huge sale sealer...shipping costs varies but I reckon on average i am looking at $50USD to most places.

I have had the site up for a month now but still failing to get indexed pretty much at all. I will need to focus on SEO activities in the coming weeks. What are some good directories that I can get listed with? Can anyone recommend a good starting point for a new store?

Cheers,
Phil

• 1 month later...