Hello and a question about attribute configuration

ashf

Hi, I'm Ash and this is my 1st post.

I have installed and started using prestashop with my own products but I am having a problem with attribute configuration. I need to state 2 sizes in a drop down for selection before adding to cart, I managed to get this looking right on the product description on the front end, but when it goes to paypal, both attributes are showing together on the order.

Any help would be very much appreciated

This is a common problem, which is not explained precisely enough anywhere in terms of instructions. If you do a search you will find many (including myself) had this problem when first starting to set up attributes.

What you need to do is add the attributes one at a time to the product (Combinations Tab) or use the Product combinations generator to add all the attributes you want. Then it will work correctly.

If your products are essentially the same, with the same attributes you can duplicate the products (click the green circle with a cross on the right of the product list). Then all you have to do is delete the images and upload the new ones. The only problem is that if you have more than one image for a product and you want different attributes to be linked to a certain image then I believe you have to make them manually. But if your attributes are the same then this will work. But unfortunately I do not think there is a way to add, say one attribute to 20 products at a time.

I figured that one out after I'd created about 20 products individually with cut and paste. I hard coded my old site in HTML with a bit of help, but it looked rubbish and the coding for each product was such hard work. This prestashop is a massive leap forward for me but I need to try and integrate the general information pages on the subject (background info to help people make informed choices) I had on the old site which doesn't seem so easy.