[INFORMATION] Delivery set up problems

I am not sure if this is the correct location in the forum for this, feel free to move it if not.

Here is some assistance to people with Delivery set up problems when you know delivery is all set up correctly.

I searched the forum all day for information on delivery problems and issues since setting mine up and I have not found the answers I am looking for. There are many answers out there but not many fixes that I could find (aside from downloading the most up to date order.php file). Indeed it seems a big problem. I have only had one delivery option show up on the check out, regardless of what is installed in the Back Office. I know my delivery options are set up correctly (they are very simple - 3 choices, one free, one courier and one airmail, two locally and one to Europe). My prices are according to item price and not weight (although they have weight limits). I always try the methodical and long way around to fix things - but it seems to work and covers every angle.

1. Delete your existing Zone (the new ones you have added - not default) and delivery/carrier set up. (Make a note of your settings).
2. Delete the Europe Zone (this is the biggest headache and break in function).
3. Disable the countries and zones you know you are not going to use. (Africa, Asia, whereareya - does anyone live on the Christmas Islands?) Time consuming, I know.
4. Now add new Zones that you wish to use (Europe, UK, Japan, be general or specific, it's up to you), but anywhere that is delivery specific for your business. Also go to the Payment tab and add any 'Country restrictions' to make sure all your countries are added here also - otherwise, again things won't work - this is important.
5. Now input your carrier information, prices, weights and save them and enable them. At this point choose your default carrier. (This is done by clicking DIRECTLY on the Shipping tab, not the sub tabs - which is probably the biggest BO confusion of all).
6. Now test your site with a test run purchase and you will see your delivery options come to life.
7. The dark side - now you have to manually input to the countries the zones you wish them to be included into. It takes a hell of a time, especially if you are a global commerce. But hell - at least you can deliver :)
8. Once you have finished setting up - don't let any of your employees ever touch it again.

Hope it helps, good luck.