I need help ! Tell me how to remove the prestashop ad showing at the main page (index?) Also tell me how to edit the shipping info page and other page

I need help ! Tell me how to remove the prestashop ad showing at the main page (index?) Also tell me how to edit the shipping info page and other pages! How to add Welcome message or New items on the index etc....

I explored all the configuration options of the administrator panel but i dont know how to do these things !!!!

I have an ipod,ipod etc Ad banner on my main page and when i click it directs to prestashop.com , help me please to setup my store. I allready created my categories and i want to add my products only.
But i dont know how to edit parts of the site.

thank you !

Hi
The prestashop ad image is in modules/ blockadvertising . I just changed the image and kept the same name and edit the url in blockadvertising.tpl and you can change the name of the image in blockadvertising.php
all the other items are edited in back office. It is just a matter of practice finding your way aroundee
see my site http://www.mayor-hobbies.com/shop/

I don't care if this is harsh or not.

I'm not one for grumbling about people asking about how to set up your shop without using the search function and WIKI first - since many threads are not very accurate in their title posts to enable accurate searches - bt jeez, really? Did you just stumble across Prestashop and thought you'd give it a go? Perhaps it would be better if someone flies down there and sits by you while you type, maybe?

I think at least over a thousand people have generated enough information for you (and the rest of us) to make a start. If you don't have any idea by searching then maybe you should reconsider starting a business and just become a 'worker'. Get behind the till in Walmart or Tesco.

Post a little less desperate next time. Ask one thing at a time. People are here to help, even those of us who know bloody little.

Put your first question in one thread/post - preferably put them in separate threads and those here who have an idea will either point you in the right direction or try to help. Start with your first question.

And good luck :)

Hi jdmorrisn
wow you seem really up on prestashop. I have been searching for days for the answer to these problems perhaps you can help
I am importing csv excel file into my prestashop data base to the PS_product_lang. Not the back office .
I am working in two languages so I have learned that the best way to edit the second language is in csv excel so that is what I am trying to do
First I imported the products in back office as a csv that worked ok then I saved the PS_product_lang then exported it as a csv edited the new products and then tried to import the edited csv.( I tried as is and compressed) As there are ,s in the metas this would not work. So I changed all the comas to stops this allowed some through but not the ones with HTML + "s in the descriptions so I changed those then found any that everything in the description no longer showed so i managed to substitute the html coded stuf for an image, but that also has HTML full of "s this is where I am stuck .
If I could change the " in Fields enclosed by " to another symbol perhaps it will work. So the problem is any product with HTML in the description will export but not re import into data base as a csv file as described so far.
also as I have changed the comas in the metas for stops will this affect the ratings of the page?

You are a little bit mistaken - I am not that 'up' on Prestashop. There are guys out there on this forum that know it inside out. I just muddle by. I can't help you on the csv, since I have not done it this way - I have two languages also but I have found using translations in the Back Office more than adequate. Why make it more complicated?

The amount of time you have spent struggling with the csv file, you could probably have already set up all your translations in the Back Office.

If you want to continue with csv my only helpful advice (if you can't find what you are looking for via the search function) is to post a new thread (mention keywords of your problem). That way more people are likely to see your question and you will receive as much helpful advice as there is on the forum through the combined knowledge that is out there. :)