[SOLVED] Issue with Editorial Module

SCW

Hello Everyone!

I just installed the version 1.3.2.2. and purchased the Presta Book theme from the PrestaShop Addons store. Everything looks great - with one minor exception...

The readme file provided with the Presta Book theme simply said to rename the default editorial module to editorial_old
and then upload the new one. This module apparently utilizes the Akila Slideshow.

This module creates a jquery image slider/rotator on the home page. I see Home Text Editor v1.4 in the Modules area of Admin, but there are no provisions for uploading/changing jquery or image slider aspects of the module - only home page text - as the module name implies.

What am I missing here? Do I need to manually edit images in the editorial.php file?

Please advise.

Thank you!

That's a bad design. It would have been better to create a separate module. If the configuration page is the same as the original editorial module, then it looks like you will need to manually modify the TPL file to add more images.

Thank you for the reply - I appreciate it.

I located and installed the free DDLX Slider that is editable in the Admin area. Then, I changed the fx effect in the jquery tpl to meet my requirements, along with a couple CSS edits - now all is well!

Thank you for the reply - I appreciate it.