[SOLVED] Error message "Product->link_rewrite is empty for default language"

gx65

Do you have you have a "Link rewrite" column in your CSV? If not, try adding one. If you already have one, perhaps the ! is causing the problem?

Hi Rocky
THanks for your fast reply.
I dont have "link rewrite" in my csv. Where should I locate the "link rewrite" ?

Now , I just delete all the !, and try imported again. Actually, there are two types errors as followed:

"8561 (ID 422) cannot be saved
Product -> quantity = 110cc ATV QUAD SEAT

8560 (ID 443) cannot be saved
Product -> quantity = 6 PIN Race performance GY6 CDI ACProduct->link_rewrite is empty for default language"

The 4 digit is my category ID number, the 3 digit number is my products ID number. I have imported the category csv first and then product, each product ID (3 digits) matches 4 digit (Categories (x,y,z...).

Not sure the cause of the error messages . Please help.

Regards
GX65

Just add a new "URL rewrited" column to your CSV, then put the product name in lowercase and change all spaces and symbols to a dash. For example, change "Product v1.0" to "product-v1-0". When you import that column, select "URL rewrited" in the dropdown.

Hi Rocky
Thanks for your reply. My problem is still not solved. The error message came back again "Product->link_rewrite is empty for default language". I have URL rewrite this column in my CSV file, I also used Notepad++ saved as UTF-8 format (before I just saved file in excel as CSV). I did change all the letters to lowercase in “Name*” field. Could you help again.? I have attached my CSV file edited in excel.
Appreciate your time.

MyProductsExport-need help.csv

You don't need to make the product name lowercase, only the URL rewrited. It is blank in that CSV, which is why it isn't working. You should write a friendly URL for each product. For example, on the first row, enter the product name as "110cc ATV Quad Seat" and the URL rewrited as "110cc-atv-quad-seat".

• 6 years later...

HI, I have the same issue.  

Kind help pls.

My URL are all in lower caps and I also redid it with another URL name in lower caps.  It still has the same error which is Property Product->link_rewrite is empty