Blocks not showing

Hello everybody

I'm new to Prestashop and I'm just setting things up, so forgive me if I'm doing something really obviously wrong! I've enabled a few blocks and hooked them into the positions I want them in, but some of them aren't showing up in the front office. I moved the Newsletter block to the footer and enabled the Last Viewed Products, but neither show up at all. The Newsletter block showed up fine when it was in the Left Column, but I don't want it there. Any ideas?

I thought it might be a theme problem (I'm using Matrice), so I switched back to the Prestashop theme, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm using v.1.3.2.3

Thanks.

It's because you are trying to move blocks where they were not intended to be moved. Each module has a specification of where it can be placed and what it should look like. The newsletter and recently viewed products modules were designed to only be placed in the left or right column. To make it so you can insert the newsletter block in the footer, you will need to add the following to modules/blocknewsletter/blocknewsletter.php:

function hookFooter($params)
{
   return $this->hookLeftColumn($params);
}

This will use the same code as the left column in the footer. It may not look right though, so you may need to modify the newsletter CSS in global.css.