[solved]Remove Back-To-Top Button

Tusa Products

I attempted to search to see if this was something that had been answered already in another thread, but unsurprisingly, the word "top" on a forum regarding web page issues comes up with about a million posts that have nothing to do with my issue.

I've recently installed a live chat module, and that live chat module takes up the same page real estate as the circular back-to-top button that pops up when scrolling. I would like to remove the back to top button altogether. Is there a way to do this through the back end, or is it a forced feature I have to eradicate one page at a time somehow?

Thanks much for your help.

15 hours ago, Tusa Products said:

I attempted to search to see if this was something that had been answered already in another thread, but unsurprisingly, the word "top" on a forum regarding web page issues comes up with about a million posts that have nothing to do with my issue.

I've recently installed a live chat module, and that live chat module takes up the same page real estate as the circular back-to-top button that pops up when scrolling. I would like to remove the back to top button altogether. Is there a way to do this through the back end, or is it a forced feature I have to eradicate one page at a time somehow?

Thanks much for your help.

I am guessing you have a custom theme installed? Most of them let you deactivate that feature without modifying any code. Mostly its located where you select your theme. Next to that you have a button "edit" or something in that order. If you click on it you can adjust the theme.

Edited by jetway (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Ah, yes, I do have a custom theme installed. I didn't think to look in any settings for that. I was just looking in the base Prestashop back end. So far, I haven't been able to find any settings in the theme related to the back-to-top button. The site is www.labreesbakery.com - I de-minified all the css so it would be easier to look through from the outside. If anyone sees anything in there that could be related to that back to top, I would appreciate it. 

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 2:17 PM, Tusa Products said:

Thank ya very much. I was able to track down where that particular button lived and remove it. It was in a template file within my theme directory. 

Hi, where do you find the file to remove the button?

Thanks

On 11/18/2019 at 2:43 AM, XaviCS said:

Hi Tusa, where did you find the button to remove it? I can't find it!

Thanks!

In this path /public_html/themes/bizkick/assets/css
This File base.css

#toTop {

display:none;

text-decoration:none;

position:fixed;

bottom:10px;

left:10px;           # change position

overflow:hidden;

width:51px;

height:51px;