Resetting Stats and Visitors Online module problems.

Hello,

After moving to a different server and OS for that matter, I recently noticed that my visitors online module would not show anything more than "0 visitors (or customers) online." All other aspects of the transition from our old server to our new one went smoothly. And although this isn't a big deal, I like to keep everything working and in good order if at all possible.

We recently opened our shop, so fixing this issue is a luxury more of a necessity. If it risks breaking any other part of my site (esp. for the end user) I am not willing to risk just yet. So with that I have 2 questions...

1) We seem to have had a lot of crawlers on our site the past week... so on the "Home" page (when you first log into the BO) the pages viewed square shows a ridiculous number. Our number is close to 20,000 page views... is this the case with other people and their sites? And more importantly is it possible to erase (reset) this data information without it affect any other part of the site?

2) I've been reading the past couple of days about a fix for the Visitors Online module... I've implemented all the ideas across multiple posts but to no avail. I did find a post about erasing (emptying) the tables: ps_connections, ps_connections_page, and ps_connections_source. I want to give this shot... but as far as I can tell it's only the visitors online module that doesn't work (all other stat modules seem to be working correctly). So is it possible to reset these tables (or just certain ones) without affecting other stat data and more importantly customer, product and order data??

2.5) I also noticed in the BO, under the Stats tab, under Settings.. that you can set something to be "Cleaned Automatically" but the lowest interval is "Weekly"... does this achieve the same thing? As far as clearing/resetting Stat data? I want to wait a week to see if this fixes my problems before I mess with anything database related, but I'm fairly impatient in trying to find a fix.

I'm not so much worried about my stat's data since we just opened... but I don't want resetting any of this data to result in wrong number with orders, customer information, stock levels, price, qty, etc.

MUCH THANKS!!

Anybody?

I think I managed to fix the "Visitors Online" part on the "home" page of the BO (when you first log in)... but the visitors online module under the "Stats" tab does not work.

But more importantly, on the BO "home" page how do I clear the "Product Pages Viewed" number?

Also, is there a way to clear the "carts" from Customers tab >> Carts and from under each customer information (you can view it but not delete it)?

Thanks!!

• Like 1