[SOLVED]HOW, Remove space on featured products, and change BG-color for the picture viwer?

i have two questions about something as my client refers to "a waste of space".

I have included two pictures that i think speek for them self.

One is from featured products. My client is not gonna use that space for writing anything, he is just gonna use the products name that always shows on top, thats all. So he want to get rid of that tall empty white area. I have looked here and there but cant find any where how to shrink the height, only the with i find to edit but not the height.
Some help here would be most appreciated.

The other is from the products page, and i think this picture also explains what i want.
The unused area gets white by default, and my client want it to have same blue color as the background next to it.
I cant find where to edit what to change that background color from white to the blue he wants.
I also would appreciate it a lot for some help here too.

I have been using firebug to trying to break it down but i just cant find the solution.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Peter

30972_z6cxMaO0RDGMY5ZLuVHi_t

30973_FSW6sDy7efXFdWbJk0Le_t

You need to edit modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl and change line 15 from:

{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}

to:

{*
{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}*}

Then change line 6:

{assign var='liHeight' value=342}

Reduce the height of the description from the liHeight.

To change the image background colour, edit images.inc.php, search for "255, 255, 255" and change it to the RGB colour code of that light blue colour, then regenerate your thumbnails.

Thank you Rocky.

I will try this, and hope that it doesnt look to weird.
About regenerate the thumbnails, does it mean that what i see on products page is all a picture, both the white background and the motif?
Ive never thought about it that way. But all new products after that will be all right from the beginning?

Thanks again Rocky

That's right. The background colour is part of the image. After changing the colour, all new images will have the new background colour, but all existing images will have the white background colour. That's why you must regenerate your thumbnails.

Ok great.

I have now tried both solutions and it worked just as i wanted. Thank you for that.

But i see now that the border that is still left on the pictures at the products page will probably be something he want to have gone too.
If i remove that border do i have to regenerate the thumbnails again? Or is the border actually its on part of the page?

The border is CSS, not part if the image, so regenerating thumbnails is unnecessary. Just change the following code in the /* product.tpl */ section of global.css:

#primary_block #image-block {
   border: #d0d1d5 solid 1px;
   height: 300px;
   width: 300px
}

Change #d0d1d5 to whatever colour you want the border to be, or remove the line to have no border.