batch adding products?

Is there any way to batch add products?

my site is for photographs, so basically i would like to add 100's of products which are all the same except the image and the name/description.

each product takes a while to set up individually because i need to add several different combinationsn etc for the different print sizes and products available for each photo.

one option if you cant batch add them ithoguth wuld be duplicating one photo and changing the image and name, but i get errors when i try to duplicate products.

Any advice much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

For adding 100's of product, combos, and images I would suggest buying an product updater from a developer on prestashop. There are a few good one, I haven't tried them though.

I can't think of one off the top of my head, but do a search for product importer or product updater on the forum and you'll find one of them.

If you want to do it yourself you can use the import tool (Admin > Tools > Import) and import a CSV file. You can upload products, combos, and categories. You can get a cvs copy of your database by logging into you hosting account and accessing your database through phpMyAdmin. In there go to (ps_products, ps_attributes_combinations, and or ps_categories). Export those specific tables and make sure to save them as CSV.

To go the Import section in prestashop and where it says "Select which entity to import:", choose what you want to upload based on what you saved from the database. In the part where it says "Field separator: " make sure to change the " ; " to " , " .

The image location in the csv file looks tricky, but I think if you get to understand it can come in handy. Try doing the update, might take you 100 times to get it right, but you get it. Im not sure you but you might need to delete your products first, so make a backup of your database (always backup!).

Hope this helps.