Extra Customer Generated Info Required on Products

Hi there everyone

I am looking to add an extra step into the purchase process of Prestashop, to acheive the following:
customer adds item into basket (entry for a race)
pop up box appears asking for extra information (that is not relevant to normal customer info) e.g. gender / estiamted swim time for race and a few other fields.
clicks Submit & this info goes off to another database table on the customers server and pop up box closes back at Prestashop.

Question is, is this available as a module / easily achievable without hacking the main code? I don't want to do it / get someone to do it and then it has to be repeated for each new release or patch.

I hope the question is clear (and apologies if it is not - I will try to explain better).

Thanks for reading,

Ferg

Rocky

Thanks for the suggestion.
I have tried it and it does indeed add all the info to the order .... however, the reason for trying to add an extra form is that the info added by choosing attributes and adding customization text does not go into the ps_order_detail table in the databases.
Why do I want this?
Current situation:
html forms on website which collect entrant info and submit to database. Run export (to Excel) and have all entrants for that race. Sort into swim time order and then the starting line up is there along with loads of other info (t-shirt size etc).

I appreciate that this is maybe not doing what Prestashop was designed to do, I was trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Is this something that is impossible do you think? Or is it something that is possible with a bit more info from me?

Thanks again for your help.

Ferg

PrestaShop already stores selected attributes in the ps_order_detail table and it stores the customisation information in the ps_customized_data table. Can't you do a left join of the ps_order_detail able and ps_customized_data table before exporting the data to Excel?