Authentication Failed

I have spent the last two weeks configuring my prestashop store and just send it live.
Now when i try to login i get the following error;

There is 1 error :

01.authentication failed

I have searched the forums but cant seem to find any answer that works, has anyone had this problem before and solved it or can someone help me with any ideas?

I have been getting a 127.255.255.255.255 ip address logging on to my web site and am wondering if this has anything to do with it as when i checked visitors online last night that ip was online and in the authentication.php page???
Might coincidence??

Any help would be appreciated as i have had to put my store in maintenance mode and already have customers which isn't making me look very professional.

Thanks.

WOW!!!

32 views and not one reply except for a "Moderator" trying to sell me something....

Hmmm time to move on from prestashop i think. the more i read these forums the more problems i find that i am going to have down the track with this.

Thanks for all the support i get from these forums.

I'm not trying to sell you something. I am simply doing my job as a moderator enforcing the forum rules, which say don't use titles like "Help me please" or write in CAPS.

I've never encountered this "authentication failed" problem on any of the PrestaShop websites I've installed. Many other people have reported the same problem though. It seems to be a server configuration issue that causes PrestaShop to fail to install properly. Without information about your server configuration, it is near-impossible to help.