Gateway problem

ChrisB257

Not sure whether anyone can assist. A cart site we use will soon be no use once PHP is upgraded - therefore we need something else - thus attempting to set up prestashop. Before entering product data etc I am trying to get payment options set up . As we already use Authorize.net I wanted to use that but, having gone to add-ons I downloaded a file but that does little good as I need the module to be available in the store admin area. We have SSL already set up.

Being new to this software, it is very daunting trying to find a way around all the options, and time is short to actually get things ready to use. Any feedback would be appreciated and even perhaps finding someone to be able to assist with various aspects as well as this gateway question.

Your post leaves me with more questions than answers:

- why can't you set up a payment module when SSL is set up? The module you bought will have a readme or some other documentation on how to set up.

- do you have a copy of the shop on a local computer for experimenting? You should. You learn a lot quicker when you feel free to experiment.

- I am still puzzled about your "gateway question". Do you mean Authorize.net with that?

Thank you very much for responding.  I admit I am not very fluent with SSLs and gateways etc - not the details anyways. Right now I am in rather a black hole!

I have the shop available for experiment from the server - still trying to find my way around but wanted to set up payment stuff and email initially before adding items. Our old cart software uses Authorize and I want to set up on that for Prestashop but when I downloaded an Authorize module it came down as a zip - when in fact I had expected to have it added direct to the site - such that I could then enable and configure.

I will dig a bit deeper but thus far remain very inadequate!