Making Prestashop look like my existing website

Hello,

I want to be able to make my Prestashop theme look exactly like my existing website (built in HTML and CSS)

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>

PRESTASHOP HERE

</body>
</html>

The wrapper DIV is 800 pixels wide, so I assume I'll need to remove one of the Prestashop columns, to make it fit inside?

Is this possible? If anyone could give me some advice or point me in the right direction I'd be extremely grateful!

Many thanks,

Iain.

As far as I can tell, PrestaShop already has that structure, except for the "navigation". It just uses different IDs. It uses "page" instead of "wrapper" and "columns" instead of "main_content". I suggest that you rewrite your code to use PrestaShop's IDs, otherwise you will need to edit header.tpl and footer.tpl in your theme's directory to change the IDs, then edit css/global.css in your theme's directory and change all the old IDs to the new ones.

Many thanks for your help, Rocky!

I can easily change the name of the ID's to the ones that PrestShop uses - but what else would I need to do to make it all work? Just link my CSS file to the PrestaShop Header.tpl?

Also, what would I do with my main navigation bar? I've created a Dropdown menu for the product categories, which I'd like the user to be able to use instead of the ones that PrestaShop creates. Also, I guess this will save some space which will allow me to remove one of the columns and make PresatShop fit inside my 800 pixels wide limit?

Many thanks again - it's much appreciated!

Iain.

It's unlikely that simply linking a CSS file from a non-PrestaShop website will make your PrestaShop website look exactly like that website. You will need to copy the CSS code into global.css, find the parts that match up so you don't have duplicate CSS, then modify the rest of global.css to match your website design. Creating a PrestaShop theme is never easy, since there are a lot of elements to style.