(SOLVED)Categories not showing up on home page

kentj

You tried to move the search module to a different location, and probably removed it from a required hook (header).

You should try to add it back in Modules->Positions->Transplant a module and hook the search module to the header hook.

Header is not a visible hook, it's where modules load the Javascript they need to use.

I did have an error in my modules section that said 'Parse Errors in blockcart and graphgooglechart'. I'm uploading all the modules again from my hard drive. I have some problems with my hosts FTP closing down on me at times, so this may have been the problem. I'll let you know if reloading the Modules folder helps.

I reloaded the Modules folders and did not get the error messages. I still did not see any categories on my front page though. I just deleted the database, and made a new one, uploaded the Install Module and reinstalled. This still did not fix the problem. The new install added all the sample electronic gear back into the store and those categories do not show either. Should I reinstall everything? or is there an easy fix?

I looked up 'hook' up in the forum and there are lots of items, but I do not know how to work with them. I'll continue to look.

The only search module I saw was the 'Quick Search Block.' I uninstalled the module, then reinstalled it. Still the same. I think maybe I need to delete everything and start all over again. I will use a better FTP program this time to make sure there are no time outs. My guess is this is what caused the problem, even though no error messages appear.

Deleted the directory and database and started fresh. I used Filezilla to upload the prestashop files instead of the Bluehost FTP program which runs very slow and stopped a few times during my original upload. I also remembered to use Firefox to set up my shop. Everything works as it should now.