Issues with CA Shipping & Tax...

dunce

Making my first presta shop and am quite pleased so far until i hit the shipping and tax settings. Our store is located in California, USA and we only need to charge tax for this one state. It seems tax is included in the product pricing. How can i go about only adding it for residents of California?

also what is up with the tax information in the cart (picture attached)? how do i make this simple and only visible to California residents?

Also having issues with the shipping settings. would like to setup a fixed price for ups & usps... it seems completely setup for me in the backend office, however, the cart says "There are no carriers available that will deliver to this address!"

These two issues are the only things stopping this from going live... please help!!

29748_Ml3CACmbAvXgjJftngW9_t

I am currently having the same concern. New to prestashop and want the tax to work the same way for Illinois and havent figured out how to do it.

I set the module to just tax the one state, but cant get the prices to display without tax and then add when someone enters they live in IL during checkout

There are two ways to apply taxes, product based, or state based.
If you need to tax all your products, you want to use the state tax, and if only some products need tax, then use the product tax.

State tax
1) Add a new tax (Payment->Taxes), check only the state it needs to be in, and set the rate.
2) Make sure all the states are set to "State tax" (Shipping->States->Edit)

Product tax
1) Add a new tax (Payment->Taxes), check only the state it needs to be in, and set the rate.
2) Edit each product that's taxable, and select the tax rate.
3) Make sure all the states are set to "Product tax" (Shipping->States->Edit)

hmm I tried what you suggested and am still coming up with tax being included

diywatergardening(dot)com/product.php?id_product=10

I need just the state tax. I added a new tax and only selected IL. then I selected all states to state tax.

Adding the product I selected my new tax and rate that I made fro IL only. Should I leave this with no tax and then will it auto add tax?