[SOLVED] Change the order of products in "Categories"

Thank you,
I did as you said but still does not work.

I went to Preferences > Products and changed “Default order by” to “Position inside category” and “Default order way” to “Ascending”.
Then I went to Catalog and changed the order by ID (ascending):
http://www.parbrize-moto.com/1.png

Then I went to the store and the order is still alphabetical:
http://www.parbrize-moto.com/2.png

Then I go to Catalog, in the administration zone and see the order did not change:
http://www.parbrize-moto.com/3.png

What am I doing wrong?!

Thank you,
Paul.

I misunderstood. My advice was for sorting the products, not the categories. To change the order of the categories, you must add a number prefix in front of the name like the following:

01.First Category Name
02.Second Category Name

This prefix will be used for sorting only and will be automatically removed from the name before displaying it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This does not work in 1.4.XX

I have made some changes to friendly urls in category names and now they are no longer in alphabetical order
Any ideas how do i refresh the the order, stacking the order in BO does not change the front, I am using dynamic categories block in 1.4

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I too am having issues with this in 1.4.2.5...I'd like to organize alphabetically A-Z without having to redo my 27 categories and over 100 sub categories...There has to be a way to edit the position numbers easier? no?

By the way: It's sorted alphabetically in the BO just fine, but the FO is still ordered by position number. AARRGG!!!

;-)

Thanks in advance for any ideas/help!

JTLS

• 7 months later...

I misunderstood. My advice was for sorting the products, not the categories. To change the order of the categories, you must add a number prefix in front of the name like the following:

01.First Category Name
02.Second Category Name

This prefix will be used for sorting only and will be automatically removed from the name before displaying it.

Hello:

In 1.4.6.2 version, the numbre actually appears if you do this.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Go to Preferences > Products and change "Default order by" to "Position inside category" and "Default order way" to "Ascending". You can then use the arrows on the Catalog tab to change the order of products.

How do you do this in prestashop 1.6?