Content replaced with default on upgrade to 1.3.1

Hi,

I did the upgrade on my site (www.mywebsitescripts.info) but it keeps replacing some of my content on the home page and others (top image and text on home page, and images on my categories).

I cant work out how to stop this or where I change it back to what I have entered as my custom text. I don't mind having to copy and paste it in to the new update but I just cant work out where its done. Also if I'm upgrading from later version to 1.3.1 do I need to upload all the files to my server or just a set of select files and folders?

I have gone back to old version as I cant have my site without the custom content as it looks bad and I will lose my rankings and PR if I have default content but if someone wants to see what I mean just ask and I will change back to the new update for 1 hour to show whats going wrong so you can see the difference and what I need to stop it from messing up.

Kind Regards,
Nathaniel

It depends on how much customising you've done. You shouldn't overwrite the img directory, since you'll be overwriting your logo and product images with the default ones. If you are upgrading from PrestaShop v1.1, note that the img/t icons were changed from numbers 1.gif, 2.gif, to names AdminAccess.gif, AdminAddress.gif, etc in PrestaShop v1.2. So you will need to overwrite that directory to avoid having missing icons in your Back Office.

If you have changed translations, then you may not want to overwrite the translations directory, since you'd be replacing your translations with the default ones. You can export your translations before upgrading and then import them after upgrading, but then if some strings have been changed, they will not be translated.

If you've customised your email templates, then you may not want to overwrite them either. Be aware that the variable names have changed from older versions of PrestaShop like v1.1, so that could cause variables to not be filled in until you modify the latest email templates to look like your old ones.

Note that translations and mail templates are also stored in each module's directory, so you want to be careful not to overwrite them if you have changed them.

It is safe to overwrite the other directories, unless you've modified files in those directories.

As you can see, upgrading can be quite complicated. It is easiest if you avoid modifying PrestaShop as much as possible. Copy the prestashop theme into a separate directory and keep all changes inside that theme. That way, you can overwrite the PrestaShop theme with the latest one, then attempt to make the same changes you made in your customised theme to the latest PrestaShop theme.