Is PrestaShop right for a Store without Prices?

I work for a furniture rental company. We want to display our catalog online but we don't want to actually sell things online. I want customers to be able to browse the inventory and add items to their favorites ("cart") and then request a proposal. Ideally, I'd like to automatically generate the proposal with prices on the back end but then send it to the customer in a personal email. We don't want our products to feel like commodities and we want customers to feel like we offer a high-touch experience.

I am also hoping to be able to integrate our online "store" with our Filemaker database. Additionally, I hope that I can set-up an automatic payment system so my customers can enter their initial deposit to book the order and then later charge their card the day before the rental actually takes place.

Do you think PrestaShop is a good option for us? I know that it is quite customizable. I'm just not sure that it can do what I need it to do.

To recap, I want to know if PrestaShop can:
1. Have a store without prices visible to customers when they add it to their "cart"/favorites/wishlist?
2. When a customer is ready to "check-out" can I have them go to a screen that says we will create a proposal and email them shortly?
3. Can I invite customers to make payments on their proposal later?
4. Can PrestaShop integrate with my Filemaker database?
5. Can I set-up automatic payments through PrestaShop?

Thanks so much for any help and insight you can offer.

AlliRuth

Leanspa, We don't want people to be able to purchase online because we are a rental company and we have to make sure the client is a good fit for our business before we book them. I am not using the online store as a traditional store. It will be more of a catalog.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...