Adding weights instead of units in "QTY"

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at putting together a site for a retailer. Instead of Quantity of units (1,2,3) is it possible to add a drop down box allowing the weight options 250 gms, 500 gms and 1 Kg. So a meat product that costs $20 a kilo would show the appropriate total according to the weight...i.e. $5.00 if someone takes 250 gms or $50.00 if someone buys 2 and half kilos and so on.

I hope it makes sense.

Plenty of thanks guys.

Cheers

In PrestaShop v1.3.1, the only way to do that is to use attributes. Create an attribute group "Weight" with attributes "250g", "500g" and "1kg". Then go to the "Product combinations generator" on the "3. Combinations" tab of the product editor, select the attributes, then manually calculate the prices and enter them as the price impacts, then click "Generate", then "Back to product".

Per-unit pricing is coming in PrestaShop v1.4. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like. You can test it out by downloading the SVN trunk, but v1.4 is only in alpha stages, so it isn't ready for production use.

29638_YZA8NOEuhrxsaU4mJYr4_t

• 2 months later...
Per-unit pricing is coming in PrestaShop v1.4. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like.

I just installed the 1.4 from trunk, in the 'Info' tab clicked on the 'Click here to edit the unit prices' and 'Weight price' or 'Volume price' are not present there.

This feature is removed in the 1.4 Alpha 2?

33738_UrQRXmJPTT4QfMUiAcm5_t

This feature was simplified to make it more flexible. You can enter a volume, weight or any other unit in the "per" field.

Thank you for your explanation!
But then, if I understood correctly, it's just a text description, does not participate in the formation of prices?
(What was in the 1st question.)
i.e. $5.00 if someone takes 250 gms or $50.00 if someone buys 2 and half kilos and so on

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rocky,
I have something similar to “tryintolearn’ but mine is a Fashion Store.
The problem is…
I have ‘A’ dress that comes in ‘Small, Medium, Large and Extra large’ sizes. I created an attribute group “Size”.
The problem here is – I want to have different ‘Quaintly’ for each ‘Size’…i.e. I want to have 6 Small, 14 Medium, 21 Large and 10 Extra large”.
How does one achieve this?
In the ‘Product combinations generator’ I’m able to apply Only ‘one’ Quaintly. Is it possible to have Multiple Quaintly?

Thanks for your help!

• 4 weeks later...