How To Attach Images With Orders!

121man

First Of this forums is brilliant and a great place for all the help i have needed to get up and running with some great tips and help from fellow members, unfrotunatly I am a little stuck now, what i am trying to do is during the ordering attach a number of images which i would like to either download or be sent through email with the order from my customers, we are a printing company so would need artwork needing uploading by clients.

Can anyone help in this situation ?

Thanks

You can use the customization fields (in the product editor), that allows you to attach images to products, if you are looking to attach the images to the order rather than to the products, than you will need a custom module.

If you want to have a price change based on number of images the customer uploads, than you should look into the Attribute Wizard Pro module on my shop http://www.presto-changeo.com/attribute-modules/34-attribute-wizard-pro.html

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, I have tried that but when the image is attached using that menthod all that happens is the image is resized and is smaller, I would require the image to be in the same file size as well as dimensions as when uploaded so they can be printed for our clients.

Thanks

You can change the dimensions and allowed file size in Preferences->Products.

There is no built in way to control the allowed file extensions, except for with my AWP module, it may be an overkill if you just use file uploads, but if you use other attributes, or want to style the image upload in a cleaner way, check it out, I have a front and backoffice demo that you can play with.

I figured out how to make it so the image dimensions and file size are their original when uploaded, now the problem is when the upload is complete the image preview below is huge (full size) as it should be for printing, can this be made a thumbnail as a preview but remain the large sized for actual printing somehow.

Thanks

I'm sure there's a way, but it will require some customization... (I have not looked too deep into the way PS handles it)

In my module, I re-wrote that whole part to bypass the way PS does it, and show a small thumbnail while keeping the original image unchanged.

I have figured out how to get the image to upload at full size, but would like the image uploaded to have a thumbnail rather then the huge full size image below.

Right now once i have uploaded the image it is huge.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

The http://www.configurateurvisuel.fr/ module does just that.

- add some products in the cart (Personnaliser button)
- click on the big green button on the product page
- edit, upload, customize in the customization module
- click on 'Finaliser ma commande'

You get an image with all the customizations, available in the customer cart and admin orders.

It is, of course, a commercial module.
Message me for pricing info.

Cheers
mika

• 2 weeks later...