Some problems with prestashop

carius

Hi all, I just started to work with prestashop and i like it very much, I download it to my computer and work with it, to know the modules and options. A few days ago i upload it to my server and installed it, no problem. But when i started to load my catalog, i notice that explorer had some issues. When i deleted a brand of manufacturer, the screen went blank and explorer showed a dialog refering connection not found. When I pressed the "test connection" button the backoffice load it again, some times showed me a "bad token" message. I then switched to firefox and worked without problems until a had to delete a product. I had a similar problem, but firefox just went blank. No page or nothing. So I used alternatly both programs to upload my catalog. Today, I tryed to login to my backoffice and nothing happens. I write my mail, my password, the page dont load in firefox and in explorer showed me the connection not found. When I test the connection, the program just load the login page again. In firefox nothing happens, like no action at all is involved. I believe that both problems are related because of the connection not found dialog box, but I searched in this forum and found no similiar problems.
Does anyone had the same issue or know what is going on
I deleted the cookies/temp files/historic in explorer and nothing
Thanks again

What do you mean by "But when i started to load my catalog"??

If it is a new installation, the easiest way to overcome errors, is to start over again. Check and read everything as you go through the installation, if everything is clear (ie. Prestashop does not recommend any changes in your database/webhotel etc.) then your shop should run smoothly after installation. Also make sure that when you test the database connection that you get a green tick straight away - you are not meant to alter between browsers to get this to work - and if you do get errors in the database connection, you need to fix them rather than continuing your installation.