[Solved ]- How to create a wrap around all the columns to block the background

I'm new to Prestashop and Im going mad trying to customize the shop.

I'm trying to create a wrap to make a white background around the columns area. The tiling background I've created makes quite hard to read over it.

I attach an example of how it is now (BAD) and how I'll like to look (although it is badly designed so that's not an option)

Thanks

29280_jM7fWovvsj6SATv2MU7h_t

29281_zwlhLPJb5ajgr15epF4r_t

Here's what I have on line 189 of the default PrestaShop v1.3.1 theme:

/* global layout */
#page {
   width: 980px;
   margin: 0 auto 2px auto;
   text-align: left
}

If you are using a theme designed for an older version of PrestaShop, you may not have it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the same problem. Take a look at my site www.echtemerken.nl

My background is everywhere brown. I would like to have a picture in the background on the left and rightside of my shop. like it has been done on this site: www.voetbabbel.nl In the middle i would like to leave the color brown.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you so much!

Gr stephanie

Hello,

I have the same problem. Take a look at my site www.echtemerken.nl

My background is everywhere brown. I would like to have a picture in the background on the left and rightside of my shop. like it has been done on this site: www.voetbabbel.nl In the middle i would like to leave the color brown.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you so much!

Gr stephanie

Stephanie:

If you didn't want to create more divs to wrap your content, try adding the following entries to your existing css:

body {
 background-attachment:fixed;
 background-clip:initial;
 background-image:url(../PATH/TO/IMG/DIR/background.jpg);
 background-origin:initial;
 background-position:50% 0;
 background-repeat:no-repeat no-repeat;
 height:100%;
}

#page {
 background-color:#COLOR;
}

This will give you a fixed background image (like the grass in the football page you referenced), but will expose a problem with your rounded corners in the logo/header. You can either add a "content" div (opening tag in header.tpl, closing tag in footer.tpl) to wrap everything but the header, or you can add the background-color to your #left_column, #center_column, #right_column { } css. ;)

In the future, please open a new topic with your specific problem, since this one was already solved for another user. :)

Hi Keri,

Thank you so much that you took the time to help me!!
It worked. I can change the color of the left and right side of my shop. I uploaded an new image named minnetonkaboots to my img in my ftp. But it didnt work yet. Do i just have to place it here?

background-image:url(../PATH/TO/IMG/DIR/minnetonkaboots.jpg);

I dont really know what i have to do with path/to/img/dir etc... do i leave this unchanged?

Thank you!!