Problem with drop down menu for sizes on product page

Hello,

I am working on a project for a clothes shop.

Each piece of clothing is available in various colours.

Each colour has its own sizes. Example:

- art. "Jenny" in red: small = 2 pieces, medium = 3 pcs, large = 2 pcs
- art. "Jenny" in green: medium = 2 pieces, large = 3pcs, extra large = 4 pcs

When I view the product "Jenny" on the site, as a customer, the drop down menu for sizes shows from small to extra large for both colours, although the RED version should show from small to large and the GREEN version from medium to extra large.
Normally each colour should show ONLY the sizes relating to that colour, not also the sizes of the other colours.

Is there a setting somewhere in the back office that needs adjusting, or another solution?

Thanks everybody for you help.

I am seeing the same thing, although when a cross colour/size is chosen, availability warning comes up "The product does not exist in this model". Still, pretty unintuitive, maybe we are both missing something. If that is the way it is suppose to be, you could work around it by adding colour to the product name and just have sizes optional.

Edited to add: after further consideration, maybe making a different product for each colour is not such a bad idea. Amazon does it, so cannot be that bad :)

Thanks phrasespot for your opinion.

The thing is, if the message “The product does not exist in this model” appears by default when the product is viewed, some unexperienced users might have the idea that the product itself is unavailable, and he / she could quit the shop.

The other solution is acceptable, but on two conditions:

- it is applied for all products
- you have available a photo of the product in the different colours (it is not advisable to show five different colours of the same product with the same colour combination in the photo in my opinion).

I think the bug should be fixed in some way.