Single product with multiple length options

Hi,

I have a single product which I wish to sell in a choice of 3 lengths. I wish to use a dropdown for customers to use to select the length from, on the product page, and do not wish to allow free text.

I have tried adding a Length "Group" and the 3 different length attributes. I then add all 3 of these attributes to a single product combination. However, when the customer adds this product to the basket after having selected say the first length, the 3 length options are displayed together in the basket, meaning I would not be able to determine which length the customer has chosen.

I have tried adding 3 separate product combinations, but this creates 3 different products (quantity of 1 for each combination), which I do not have.

I have also tried "Customizations" in the form of free text fields, but this does not seem very intuitive for customers, and they may not be able to understand that they have to add text, save it, then add the product to the cart. This is also pretty uncontrolled.

Is this a bug in the cart (I would think that if the customer can choose from a drop down on the product page, between 3 length options, then only the selected option would be displayed in the cart)? Or am I not seeing the correct solution, in which case, can someone please help me?

I am running Prestashop Version 1.2.5.0.

Many thanks in advance, and also a huge thanks on an excellent product :-)

You need to use attributes, and create a new combination for each length.

It does is a sense create a new product, because it most cases it really is a different product.

I could be helpful to have an option to choose how to handle the quantity (per product or per combination).

I posted examples on how to change the code to remove 1 from each attribute combination when the product is bought.