Images disappear when moving from test directory

Hi folks,

I have installed Prestashop so it is working quite nicely on a subdomain of my site. My plan was then to copy it over to the root of my site, using the same databases, etc, to push it live and superceed my old E-commerce software.

This generally worked, everything seemed to function properly - except all except about a dozen images (out of 300+ products) disappeared. The images are all still in the img/p folder, and should be displaying - I can't think of any reason on earth why they aren't displaying?? I chmoded correctly, regenerated .htaccess files, I tried everything... couldn't get them to display?

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Joshua

jreimer,

What does error_log say in your root directory?

Alternatively, you may want to alter your .htaccess without moving the presta folder from the sub-domain to the root.

# Copy and paste the following code into the .htaccess file
# in the public_html folder of your hosting account
# make the changes to the file according to the instructions.

# Do not change this line - RewriteEngine on
RewriteEngine on

# Change yourdomain.com to be your main domain.
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?mysite.com$

# Change 'subfolder' to be the folder you will use for your main domain.
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/prestashop/

# Don't change this line.
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

# Change 'subfolder' to be the folder you will use for your main domain.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /prestashop/$1

# Change yourdomain.com to be your main domain again.
# Change 'subfolder' to be the folder you will use for your main domain
# followed by / then the main file for your site, index.php, index.html, etc.
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?mysite.com$
RewriteRule ^(/)?$ prestashop/index.php [L]

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!!

There is nothing new in the error log file.

I tried changing the .htaccess file to the one you recommended, but it didn't like it at all. The half dozen images which were displaying now no longer display at all, and the links to all the products are broken.

This is my current, automatically generated one - do you see any reason why it might not be working properly?

# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution
# http://www.prestashop.com - http://www.prestashop.com/forums

# URL rewriting module activation
RewriteEngine on

# URL rewriting rules
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9]+)\-([a-z0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.jpg$ /img/p/$1-$2$3.jpg [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([0-9]+)/([_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.jpg$ /img/p/$1-$2.jpg [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.jpg$ /img/c/$1$2.jpg [L,E]
RewriteRule ^lang-([a-z]{2})/([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ /product.php?id_product=$3&isolang;=$1$5 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^lang-([a-z]{2})/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ /product.php?id_product=$2&isolang;=$1$4 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^lang-([a-z]{2})/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /category.php?id_category=$2&isolang;=$1 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ /product.php?id_product=$2$4 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ /product.php?id_product=$1$3 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /category.php?id_category=$1 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /cms.php?id_cms=$1 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)__([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /supplier.php?id_supplier=$1$3 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)_([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=$1$3 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^lang-([a-z]{2})/(.*)$ /$2?isolang=$1 [QSA,L,E]

# Catch 404 errors
ErrorDocument 404 /404.php

The testing site is at testing.hisgifts.com.au, and I am trying to load up the new site at hisgifts.com.au (I've rolled it back to my old e-commerce program at the moment so I can continue to service my current customers!!).

If anyone has any ideas on this it would be great, I am tearing my hair out here!!

Thanks,

Joshua

Any ideas anyone? Why would my images not be all displaying when I transfer my site from a subdomain to the root, using the exact same database? I can't think of any reason, unless there is a setting somewhere I need to change which I've missed??