Categories meta description

andyr73

Can anybody help i have tried everything to get this right in the search engine the category shows up like this

Car Mats - DS3 Car Mats
price: lowest first, price: highest first, name: A to Z, name: Z to A, in-stock first. sort by. Available Citroen DS3 CAR MATS 2009- PREMIUM ...
www.carmatfactory.co.uk/1031-ds3-car-mats

I have put in the meta description and keywords if you view the source of the page you'll see the information is in there but google seems to pull the information above.
Why is this?

It should appear like this:

Citroen DS3 Car Mat Set
Tailored Car Mat Set for Citroen DS3 to fit 2009 onwards, citroen ds3 clips fitted to this set of car mats.
www.carmatfactory.co.uk/1031-ds3-car-mats

Any help will be much appreciated

Would you recommend buying the SEO module from prestashop would this make a dramatic difference or not as i really need to get this site further up the page in google.

Also for some strange reason if you type in a keyword to google why does it bring up my home page higher up in the search engines rather than the category page

You are very helpful moderator
Thanks

Google has already indexed this post and included it in its serps so the 2 links in the first post will already have been spotted by google.

Andy I have just had a look around your site, looks good, the only comment I would make is that to trade in UK you are required by the Distance Selling Regulations to provide an address from where you trade from.

I am going to sort this out now i can't believe i missed that off.
P.s Thanks for all your help and if you can suggest anything else then please do as i am having a competition with my boss to see who can get the best website on the net, so if i beat him i get to drive the ferrari 360 for the week.
Many thanks

I am going to sort this out now i can't believe i missed that off.
P.s Thanks for all your help and if you can suggest anything else then please do as i am having a competition with my boss to see who can get the best website on the net, so if i beat him i get to drive the ferrari 360 for the week.
Many thanks

How about adding a facebook like button or tweeter/facebook feeds if your company has them.
Social bookmark module so people can bookmark them easily.
FAQ module.

Create link beat, meaning that you create something that people what to link to your site about. It could be top 10 ugly people or what ever. Even better create something that has'nt bin seen before. Or you could do something like the woman who posted the wrong box on facebook telling the whole world what a great sleepover she had.

Basicly it more or less comes down to links (both external and internal) and keywords.

Find a couple of good linking catalogs and add your website to them. When doing so look for the pagerank, the higher the better it is for your site.