Question on Attributes

Hi,

I sell saddles amongst other things and the purchaser can choose the size, type of leather, leather colour of the flaps, leather colour of the seat which gives me a huge number of attributes.

Every time I have tried to add these attributes to a saddle prestashop freezes as there end up being over 400 combinations.

Is there a way to overcome this and if not is there a module available that will allow this number of combinations.

I dont track inventory on prestashop if that helps.

Regards

Johanne

400 combinations is a border case. I would have expected it still to work.

But the question of exploding numbers of combinations is well known. Some people stack attributes so much that they get millions of them for a product. If you search you will find many forum posts on the issue.

Presto-Changeo claims to have a module for this but I have also heard many complaints that it doesn't work.

Another possibility is to dress a "customization" (normally a free input field) with some programming up as a substitute for an attribute.

Thanks Musicmaster

So by free input field I am interpreting that as a text box the customer can type say the colour into.  That could be a great solution that way I could put up a colour chart and they can just imput the colour etc.  Do you have any idea how I get that to work?

I have had experience with Zencart imput fields but I am finding prestashop a bit more of a challenge.

Is there a simple way to add a text box that a customer can type into?

Thanks 

Johanne