Watermark

I am unable to get the watermark .gif fieldto save in module "Watermarks" I enter the path to the .gif file but, although it says it has been done correctly, the image has not been saved. When I try to regenerate thumbnails in Preferences/images I get the message that it is an invalid .gif file. This is obviously because there is no image saved.
I have asked my hosting company in case it was a user permission problem and they say it must be a bug in Prestashop. Can anyone help?

Hi Mike,
Not offended at all. You are correct, but the image does not save and does not appear in the module after saving. Nevertheless it says it has been save correctly. I have had similar problems in the past and it was the user permissions but this time it is not.
If anyone knowes of another way to prevent leaching of images, that would solve the problem.
Thanks for trying,
Clive

• 3 weeks later...

If you are having the same issues as me. i.e. watermark saving with a success message and then the wtaermark has not saved and the thumbnails will not regenerate with the watermark, then this is a user permission problem. Not CHMOD, but check you have the right files and folders with 777 permissions.
You will have to ask your hosting comapny to grant the user permissions. Tell them the problem and, if they are any good at all, they will change the user permissions for you. You cannot change these yourself unless you have a dedicated server.