[SOLVED] Onmouseover open the subcategories drop down

Hi

I am looking for a customization of the categories drop down beahaviour.

Instead of clicking to open a category just onmouseover a category will open it up and show its subcategories and onmouseover again will close

Is it easy ? anyone already do this ?

Cheers

Change line 2 of modules/blockcategories/category-tree-branch.tpl from:

<a href="{$node.link|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" {if $node.id == $currentCategoryId}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}

to:

<a href="{$node.link|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" {if $node.id == $currentCategoryId}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" onmouseover="toggleBranch($(this));">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}

Change line 2 of modules/blockcategories/category-tree-branch.tpl from:

<a href="{$node.link|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" {if $node.id == $currentCategoryId}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}

to:

<a href="{$node.link|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" {if $node.id == $currentCategoryId}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" onmouseover="toggleBranch($(this));">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}

Thankś a lot :-)

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Dear Rocky,

I tried with the code u have given to alter in categories-tree-branch.tpl file but the default + sign is coming (which can be commented) and also on mouse over of a main menu all other main menus are dropping down from my category strip which should not it shd be fixed and only sub menu of any main menu shd be drop down on mouse over can u suggest any solution for this THANKS IN ADVANCE ---- ANIL BANGALORE.