Multi Language annd Multi Location Site

Ashish Sharawat

Hello,

I want to create a global store and I need help to do so can anyone explain me some ways to create a global store for different countries like for UK uk.mywebsite.com for India in.mywebsite.com. I get subdomains but I having problem in creating different store for different urls. Can it possible to use my current store products orders and customers on my sub store. And I can manage my all stores from my main store which is mywebsite.com. I try multi store option avilable in Presta V-1.7 but whenever I try that I din't get my all store to my sub domain I have to again upload Prestashop on that sub too themes, products, everyting els. Even after doing this I can't use my main store customer details to login at my sub store. 

Hope someone reply to my this topic and give me better suggestion to do that.

Thanks

Warm Regards,

Ashish Sharawat

• 5 months later...

The first thing is to be in posession of those subdomains. For that matter you would just configure them in your hosting panel or adress them directly and they should configure it properly. Then you would create the multistore and configure the languages and domains for each. If you have any problem you can give me direct access to your Backoffice with limited permissions.

to be honest, multishop stragety is not worth the effort unless you can obtain 'real' ccTLD.s

yourdomain.uk (for example).

your subdomain stragety add no 'seo' signal to search engine i.e. uk.yourdomain...so there is no point in persuing that it will just create a big mess..

so unless you can obtain the correct ccTLD for the country and use it....you don't have much chance of leveraing a multishop stragety.

The  question that determines on how you can proceed is based on this one question?

Are all  cats/products/customers shared, i.e. you will offer same products to all countries?

new techniques in localizing by country content have replaces the idea of using multiple domains.....I can share that once we more info.

here is new techique, https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/modules/seo-modules/prestashop-module-seo-friendly-language-url-pro  great module poorly marketed...lol

happy selling,

el