How can I get the a sign to appear in notification of payment?

I have Prestashop set up correctly in www.passion-savon.fr and have the currency set to Euros, however the only problem is that after payment is made through the Paypal set up, which works very well, I get a notification, as does the buyer; on this notification the € symbol appears as a piece of gobbledygook. What do I have to change to ensure that the € symbol appears? It is OK on the rest of the front and back pages.
Also, is there any way to avoid a new buyer having to register when making a purchase. Can Prestashop not go straight to the checkout?

at this point stock presta can't go straight to the checkout
to understand your problem you get the error in the email only right? it can be just your email client that's at fault. try and change in back office the euro sign to this: € and try again and let me know

It may well be the email client. I have tried to change the symbol to "€" instead of just € but I get an error message saying the symbol is invalid.
I tried this in back office/Payment/Currencies/ and then edited the symbol for the currency Euro.
Thank you for your help. What does the email client need to be set to in order to view it correctly, please?

ps. this application automatically changes the code to € however, if you lok at "Edit" you can see the true code.