No Order Confirmation eMail when Customer uses PayPal API

I searched the forums exhaustively but cannot find anyone who's had this same problem.

Order confirmation emails are sent to both customer/merchant when using pay-by-cheque, but no message sent to either when PayPal API is used. There are no other problems with PayPal API, however. Still get the order in the backoffice and PayPal's payment received email.

I have tried this: http://www.presto-changeo.com/content/9-fix-email-problems
Mail Alerts 2.2 is installed/set up.

This is a log from this morning (customer info ***ed out for privacy):

At 2010-08-24 16:18:37 from  Private:

Making new connection to 'api-3t.paypal.com/nvp'
Connect with CURL method sucessfull
Sending this params:
METHOD=DoExpressCheckoutPayment&VERSION=53.0&PWD=LACE8Z5649NSVT2C&USER=equigifts_api1.gmail.com&SIGNATURE=AFcWxV21C7fd0v3bYYYRCpSSRl31A.f08G0TnLsWtP--i0GbWgWAJws0&TOKEN=EC-1E651686JR521641L&PAYERID=SQGF95BXC7VKY&PAYMENTACTION=Sale&AMT=47.98&CURRENCYCODE=USD&IPADDRESS=www.equigifts.com&NOTIFYURL=http://www.equigifts.com/modules/paypalapi/ipn.php&BUTTONSOURCE=PRESTASHOP_ECM&SHIPTONAME;=+****+*****&SHIPTOSTREET;=**********&SHIPTOCITY;=*******&SHIPTOSTATE;=**&SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE=US&SHIPTOZIP;=*****
Send with CURL method sucessfull
PayPal response:
TOKEN -> EC-1E651686JR521641L
TIMESTAMP -> 2010-08-24T14:18:38Z
CORRELATIONID -> fe7e3c1447aba
ACK -> Success
VERSION -> 53.0
BUILD -> 1445048
TRANSACTIONID -> 5X120596CR4651159
RECEIPTID -> 3560-8990-7647-2779
TRANSACTIONTYPE -> expresscheckout
PAYMENTTYPE -> instant
ORDERTIME -> 2010-08-24T14:18:37Z
AMT -> 47.98
FEEAMT -> 1.69
TAXAMT -> 0.00
CURRENCYCODE -> USD
PAYMENTSTATUS -> Completed
PENDINGREASON -> None
REASONCODE -> None
Order finished with PayPal!

Manual order confirmations are okay for now, but my stomach's churning thinking about the xmas shopping season! Any help/ideas/suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I have a similar problem. When my customers pay for something they do not get an email OR it never shows as an order in the BO. I am now using 1.4.8.2. It has always been the same even when I was using 1.3 2 years ago.

The only solution has been to install a module called "Cart to order conversion" which is available in the adds on store. It does solve the problem but when you are notified of receiving payment you have to go into modules and manually convert the sale into an order. Then the customer gets their email/invoice.

It would be easier if it all happened automatically though.

Barry