[SOLVED] 404 and images after upgrade to 1.3

Hi,

I've upgraded to 1.3 following the instructions here: http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Installing_And_Updating_PrestaShop_Software/#Update_PrestaShop
and it reported that everything was ok.
However the images are not displaying for any of the products and when I click on any of the categories or products it goes to a .404 error page.

I checked that the images were all copied across ok.

I've renamed back to my backup folder and the shop is working - images are displaying as well - but if I try and do a sort on any products it's resetting to the home page, rather than executing the sort.

Argh!! Everything's broken!
Does this make sense to anyone? Please help as I've got a cranky client wanting to know why his shop isn't working properly.

I've now gone to the extent of installing a completely fresh copy of 1.3.1 on a new database, copying the images folder and then importing the backup of my tables into the new database.
This solves the images issue, but not the .404 when I click on any product or category.

Getting a bit desperate here, can anyone help?

Thanks!

The only reason I can think why that would happen is that you have friendly URLs turned on, but haven't generated a .htaccess file. Go to the Preferences tab and check whether you have "Friendly URLs" set to "Yes". If you do, make sure there is a .htaccess file with chmod 666 permissions in your root directory, then go to Tools > Generators > Generate .htaccess file.

Please help.
How did you import backup of your tables into the new tables.
I'm trying to import in phpmyadmin and no luck..always gets error.

Please help

I’ve now gone to the extent of installing a completely fresh copy of 1.3.1 on a new database, copying the images folder and then importing the backup of my tables into the new database.
This solves the images issue, but not the .404 when I click on any product or category.

Getting a bit desperate here, can anyone help?

Thanks!

I did a fresh install on the new database, then truncated all the data out of all the tables for the new installation and then imported my backup from the old database (which had been upgraded to the 1.3 structures).

Are you trying to import the backed up data while there's already data in the tables? you'll need to truncate them first or you'll get duplicate entry errors.
But do so very carefully, remember that truncating deletes ALL of the data in the tables.

• 1 year later...