Changes made to backend - do not show in chrome on the front end?

Simon

using version 1.7.2.4

I have developed a shop and it frequently seems to ignore any changes made in the backend and does not show me how they look on the frontend.

Things such as adding banner sliders to the page - they are visible in the back but when viewed as the customer would see, they do not show.  Similarly with the Category CMS Block now ... changes made so not reflect on the front .. changed links from # to actual links and they do not show again.

Am I missing something?

Some help would be gratefully received.

Debugging now to see if that helps and get this ...

Notice on line 429 in file /home/xxx/public_html/app/cache/dev/classes.php
[8] SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56) failed: Permission denied (13)

Hi Simon, this might be a long shot, but try force clearing the cache with Ctrl+F5 on a PC and make sure you have set Smarty Cache to Off.
Advanced parameters / Performance / Cache - No.
Also recommend setting template compilation to Never recompile, or just play around with the options to see what produces a result.
Don't forget second Caching option all the way to the bottom of the Performance page, also set it to Use cache - No.

Tell us how it went.

Hi - thanks for the reply...

Made the changes .. turned off smarty (was on), selected first option of never recompile (was 2nd option), cache was already off at the bottom

Still doesn't show updates in chrome.

I'm thinking i have a wider issue maybe with my mac not dumping the cache even when i ask it to via the browser prefs ... seems to show properly once in my other browsers then once open, never refreshes!  Same for my phone too iphone 8

Any ideas?