Not correct update on currency, why?

Hello.

I have not gone live with my store yet, it will probably take at least one more month.
But i just realize that i am having problems with the different currencies.

I have made a new currency for Sweden, i have set it as default, and when i did that the system changed all others to 1.xxx or 0.xx depending on its value to the Swedish krona.

But today when i wanted t check against www.oanda.com i just saw that its very wrong.
So i try to do manual update by pressing the button in the back office "Update currencies rates" but nothing happends. The page reloads, but its still same values as since a few weeks back now. It does not seem to update the values.

Is the shop supposed to update the currency automatically? and if so, how? And against what server? is it Oanda?
This is a very critical feature/module and it has to work or i will be screwing customers or they might screw me.

i have tried to search the forum for answers but cant seem to find any.
Please help me out here, even if im missing something very simple, please gimme help.

Best regards
Peter

Hello.

I have now tried to work my way around this problem.
I have put in other currency, changed default currency´s, changed values and so on, and then try to press the update button.
When i do that it looks like the back office module do update the currency, but they don't update to very new rates, it feels likes its very old rates.

Is it only me who has this problem?

What server is Prestashop updating its currency's towards?

And how are you other people doing this, are you getting correct conversions?

Screw or get screwed, that's the question.

Best regards
Peter

Is there not any one here who has this problem except me?

And is there any place, what so ever, where i can find info about what servers its connected to for upgrading the currency's?

And is it supposed to upgrade currency's by it self or do i have to go in to back office and do that manually every day?

Any one who can point me in any direction?

Thanks Ratatosk

So with this new edited php-file i will be able to get my currency´s updated by just pressing the update button?
I will not have to surf to an exchange web site, take out the old calculator and the manually calculate, and manually insert new values?

This should work?
If so, Great, this is what i was talking about. Thanks goes to "debugginglife" but also to all others that makes this cart work so good.

Thanks
Peter

Resolved the problem I spoke about above.

So I tried the modified currency.php, it work and updates rates according to the Euro foreign exchange reference rate of ECB. Note that these values are from the previous day.

Now, I don't think that Presatshop will update the rates daily automatically.

I'm going to ask and will tell you what is answered me.

R.