Importing Images

I have a store with approx 2000 products and about 4500 images. I can import all the products all at once without the images but I can't import them all together or I get a 500 Internal Error. Is there a way to import images after you import the products? Everytime I try it doesn't link the image to the product it tries to make the image it's own product. I've also tried splitting it up and doing around 50 at a time with the product info and image but if I ever get an error I have to start all over again.

Help, please, anyone?

I don't see anything in there that would cause a 500 except maybe the requirement for the _PS_TMP_IMG_DIR_ directory, does it exist and what are the permissions?

You don't get any other errors? Does this happen on each product or just particular ones?

Can you show one or two lines of your import file that includes the image links?

Yes, I think it's just the size of it. It works if I upload a few at a time with the product info all together but it takes a very long time. I'm just looking for a more efficient way of doing it.

2 things...

Make sure that your server allows the directory size as well as the number of files you have.

Also, one way we got around a lot of this with one store is to NOT use the ps_image table and put a column in our ps_product table to hold the image path.

Then we had to change all our scripts and template code to use this new column .vs getting the images from the ps_image table.

On the current store I'm working on, it is going to be downloadable products and they all have the same image. But...We are going to offer over 1.4 million products. We don't want 3 images for each product so I had to modify the code to show only 1 of the 3 default images for each product.