moving to another server's subfolder

hstpctech

Hi,

I'm planning to change my hosting from Hostgator to iPage, and currently have a chance to test the migration under a test account on the new hosting server.

The procedure I took was simple and according to the general instructions.

1. Backup the files from root folder.

2. Backup the database through phpAdmin.

3. Restore the files to a subfolder, because it's under a test account and the root runs a Woocommerce store.

4. Restore the database through phpAdmin.

5. Updated setting.inc.php to reflect the changes, updated URI from "/" to "/80vt" (the test subfolder)

6. All permission is set to 755, folders and files.

7. Deleted .htaccess, generated robots.txt.

So far, the backoffice is working normally - I can display customers and products and such. Frontoffice though, only displaying internal error. If I typed in specific pages of the products, they would show up.

What seems to be the problem here?

Best regards,
Andy

You are missing setting the domain and directory. That is in SEO&Urls in the third section or in the database in ps_shop_url. The directory should contain slashes at both ends like "/mysub/".

Also don't forget to cleanse the cache. 

You may also need to regenerate .htaccess. That is done by saving the fourth section of SEO&Urls (scheme of urls).

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

4 hours ago, musicmaster said:

You are missing setting the domain and directory. That is in SEO&Urls in the third section or in the database in ps_shop_url. The directory should contain slashes at both ends like "/mysub/".

Also don't forget to cleanse the cache. 

You may also need to regenerate .htaccess. That is done by saving the fourth section of SEO&Urls (scheme of urls).

Thank you for the suggestions, but I covered that too.

1.--------------------------------------------------------------------
Shop domain www.beauty4foodie.com
SSL domain www.beauty4foodie.com
Base URI /80vt/

I think these are correct? The test subfolder is 80vt.

2.--------------------------------------------------------------------
Cleared cache, turned off cache

3.--------------------------------------------------------------------
Regenerate .htaccess.

4.--------------------------------------------------------------------
PHP.INI
memory_limit = 512M;

Currently, the main page and checkout page return internal server errors.

Edited by hstpctech (see edit history)

Found the error log from iPage and the latest entries, something PHP related perhaps? iPage PHP is set to run PHP 5.6 already.

[11-Feb-2018 10:10:19 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/imagick.so' - /opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[11-Feb-2018 10:10:19 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/ixed.5.6.lin' - /opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/ixed.5.6.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[11-Feb-2018 10:19:28 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/imagick.so' - /opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[11-Feb-2018 10:19:28 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/ixed.5.6.lin' - /opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/ixed.5.6.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[11-Feb-2018 10:19:41 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/imagick.so' - /opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[11-Feb-2018 10:19:41 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/ixed.5.6.lin' - /opt/php56/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/ixed.5.6.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Error reporting mode was always turned on since beginning, but still only blank page with internal error message. I'm on Prestashop 1.6.

open file: config/defines.inc.php  (using FTP or hosting control panel)
change false-->true:
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Edited by hstpctech (see edit history)