mysql database changes not showing up

presta911

Hi,

I wanted to deactivate a group of products. I did it from the mysql database, in both ps_product and ps_product_shop, setting active to 0, but even though that changes is in the database, it does not appear on the backend (admin) or frontend.

Why does the change not show up? What am I missing?

edit: Sometimes it does show up, sometimes it takes anywhere from 15mins - 24 hours later. 

This is on PS 1.6.1.4

Also I tried clearing the cache from the backend, but that did not change anything.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Edited by presta911 (see edit history)

Last night I found that  after making the database changes (in mysql to ps_product_shop or ps_product_attribute_shop), if I go to the product list and change the status of ANY product (active->deactivate) that the changes are then immediately made for all changes made in the db.

So there must be something in that process that does something behind the scenes updating the changes.

I've looked a little at the code in that method, but have not figured out what is happening there.

In the meantime, it is at least consistent in updating the db changes.

Unfortunately I tried changing the status after making some changes,  but it doesn't work.

For some reason the backend reverts the price. I have posted a series of screen shots below.

Image 1 - first product is $6 in mysql.(ps_product_shop)

Image 2 - I change the price to $12.01

Image 3 - open the product in the backend, price is correct.

Image 4 - click on the "status" and it changes the price to $6

Image 5 - check the backend, and it has changed to $6 as well.

So that's pretty interesting.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG