display order_notes in order confirmation email

Joey

Hi! when customer check out, the check out page allow customer to input message and I want this message can show in the order confirmation email. However, I tired added below code in the order_conf.html but it cannot show the order message content and only show the exactly code "{order_notes}" in the email. if I put this {order_notes} in my custom invoice, it can show the content preperly, Don't know why in the confirmation email cannot retrieve the content.

<span style="color:#333"><strong>Customer Order Note:</strong></span> {order_notes}

full code as below in order_conf.html:

<td style="padding:7px 0">
                    <font size="2" face="Open-sans, sans-serif" color="#555454">
                        <p data-html-only="1" style="border-bottom:1px solid #D6D4D4;margin:3px 0 7px;text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:500;font-size:18px;padding-bottom:10px">
                            訂單詳情                        </p>
                        <span style="color:#777">
                            <span style="color:#333"><strong>訂單:</strong></span> {order_name}<br /><br /> 
                            <span style="color:#333"><strong>訂購日期:</strong></span> {date}<br /><br />
                            <span style="color:#333"><strong>付款:</strong></span> {payment}<br /><br />
                            <span style="color:#333"><strong>Customer Order Note:</strong></span> {order_notes}
                        </span>
                    </font>

Edited by Joey (see edit history)

Dear all community 

anyone can to help answer me this simple question as I only want to know what parameter should I use to show the customer order note in the order confirmation email, now the “order_notes” seem not correct! Just let me know is it have another name to get the order notes

Thanks