Automatically add custom HTML code to the "Short description" of every new product

D D

Hi everyone! I’m new to Prestashop and I’m currently trying to achieve the following:

Our online bookstore should have the following 3 fields right after the Product (Book) Title:

1.       Publisher, for example: SAGE Publishing

2.      Year of publication, for example: 1999

3.      ISBN, for example: 123-456-789-1 or 123-456-78-10

I already tried to edit the fields accordingly, so that they accept such content, without much success.

Then I thought that it would be a better idea to just try to add some HTML code in the Short description field, so that it appears every time a new product is being created in the store. This second idea seemed more easily achievable, mostly because our site is available in two language versions. However, I didn’t manage to implement it.

So, my intention is to have the following code entered in advance (prepopulated) for every short description of every new product:

<p id="publisher">Publisher:</p>

<p id="year-of-publication">Year of publication:</p>

<p id="isbn">ISBN:</p>

Could you please advise if it is possible to achieve this? And if it is possible, where exactly should I add my custom HTML code?

Thank you.

Hi musicmaster,

Yes, my plan is to manually enter the data. All I need is to have that HTML code filled automatically for every new product, so that I can just add the new entries between the tags.

I noticed that the "Short description" box uses TinyMCE for text editing. I'm wondering what would be the correct way to include the HTML code in that field?

P.S.: My PrestaShop version is 1.6.0.9.

Edited by D D (see edit history)

As far as I understand it TinyMCE is only activated later on (probably by javascript). When you are multishopping in a scope where editing is not allowed you will that TinyMce is not loaded.

So my guess is that you should just change the file

admin\themes\default\template\controllers\products\informations.tpl

and add the desired extra's to the place where the short description field is created. 

• Thanks 1