[SOLVED] Question when signing up, how do you delete the tax identification option.

hi all i have a question about signing up.

I have designed the site so it would only accept orders from the uk for now so when trying to create your account, (on my website), obviously you only click united kingdom as thats the only option but then, this appears:

Tax identification
Identication number DNI / NIF / NIE

Now i believe it doesnt have to be entered but i dont really want it there so how do i delete it so it doesnt appear?

many thanks

ryan

• 8 months later...

Hi i have tried but no result. The Tax identification is still showing at my registration page.
i have changed my default country to other and i have change that country to "need tax identificaiton number to NO.

i am using 1.3.7

can anyone help?

Hi can anyone help on my question above?
i have even disabled all the countries in Back Office >> Shipping >> Countries except the default country. I have set NO to the Tax identification for that default country. But why is the Tax identification still showing at the registration form?

somebody help

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this topic is marked as SOLVED, however this did not resolve it for me and some others I see. Here is what I have figured out with this issue:

I am on PS v1.5.2

In your BO "Localization > Countries" edit the country in question and disable "Need Tax identification number?". You can also set other field options in here in the "Address format:". However, this does not change the fields on registration page, it does change on the "Guest Checkout" page though, I can confirm that.

To get rid of the ""Need Tax identification number?" from the regiser page just modify "authentication.tpl" from the theme directory you are using. You can comment this section out with <!-- "section to be removed" -->

or set a style to hide it, e.g. <fieldset class="account_creation dni" style="display: none;">

You can also get rid of other fields form this page like ZIp code or "Receive special offers from our partners" etc. using the same method. Most of these are located twice in the "authentication.tpl" file, so be sure to comment the correct one, or just do both, I did and it works fine for me.

Hope this helps others...

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hope this helps others...

Thank you for your tips, I will try that later the day. I marked everything correctly with "NO" and on the standard webpage it isn't present but when I sign up via the mobile site it asks for the Tax IDs.. will report back

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Go to Shipping > Countries, edit "default country name" and change "Need tax identification number?" to "No".

If not remove "this sectionn" than add this css

.dni{

display: none!important;

}

into authentication.css and refresh your page.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

anu88 ...your method worked for me.

Thanks

Go to Shipping > Countries, edit "default country name" and change "Need tax identification number?" to "No".

If not remove "this sectionn" than add this css

.dni{
display: none!important;
}

into authentication.css and refresh your page.

thanks it works for me

• 5 weeks later...

1) I have "Do you need a tax identification number" set to YES.  Shouldn't this exempt the user from Taxes?  In the cart I see taxes to be charged.

2) Shouldn't I see this in BO > Customers for each Customer?  I have some wholesale clients that have their TaxID for which I could enter them in the BO so that they don't get charged taxes.