Need help on virtual products combinations

Photo Booth Animatio

Hi guys, looking for help please, my site is soley dedicated to digital downloads or at least I'm trying to sort it so it does.

I've been trying for weeks to get a plugin that will offer me the options for Virtual products with combinations to work,

it was a free plugin from the presta-apps site, after installation I click on virtual combinations but it keeps coming up with

"this product has no combinations" I have learned that I must now buy a separate plugin for this to work from Prestashop

I think this is a bit much as previous versions the complete plugin for virtual products was installed for free, talk about milking the

customer for everything.

The thing is I've tried contacting support on a few occasions and you get no reply, last report for help was 03rd of January 2018, if you threaten

to report them to trading standards some one contacted me and said he would get it sorted, well that was last Sunday, got to say customer

service from Prestashop is utterly the worst I have ever come across and I have come across some lousy ones.

I just want to get a plugin even if I have to pay for it, but I'd want at least a demo one to see if it actually does what I want smoothly before

handing any money over as I know I will not get any support whatsoever if something does go wrong.

Can anybody please help, I'm actually ready to throw in the towel with Prestashop and start looking elsewhere for a new online shop, it's

a pity because the rest of the shop is running fine, I'm running...  v1.6.1.12 Thanks for any help you can give. Paul Taylor.

Edited by selectshop.at
Title edited by moderator - "Paul Taylor" is not a speaking title for a problem (see edit history)

Hi, thank you so much for your response, it's more than Prestashop have ever done, they only seem to reply if you are buying from them, then after that you are on your own, so be aware of that all us newbies.

It looks like that code would be simple enough if I knew what I was doing, but as you can see I haven't a clue where coding is concerned and I'm absolutely petrified I'll screw the whole site up if i start messing about with the code, but I really appreciate the effort you have made in your reply.

Would anyone be interested in applying this code for me, obviously I'm trying to get to find if this will work for me so initially don't want to spend much when I'm still trying to find out if this is going to be what I actually want.

My site is at www.photoboothanimations.com if anyone wants to check it out before making an offer of help, hope to chat with one of you guys soon and really do appreciate the interest so far, cheers,.... Paul.

And for all the new people just starting to use Prestashop remember their customer service absolutely stinks, it is the worlds worst, in fact you can't call it customer service as it does not exist, remember if you have a problem don't call customer help, you won't get any, unless you want to shell out hundreds of pounds for their assistance but even then I'd be worried you actually would get any, it's what they seem to base their business plan on, take customers money, as much as they can and then leave them to rot. You have been warned.

@Photo Booth Amato - I can understand that you are angry, but you forgot some crucial point: There is no support of Prestashop Team on third party addons. From what I know THERE IS NO FREE MODULE availabe at addons site for to manage combinations on virtual products.

Unfortunately you didn't mentioned which module it is. Perhaps you downloaded one on other site over the net ?

Furthermore you cannot expect free support on an open source software. If you need personal support of Prestashop Team for Prestas own and not third party developmentes, than you can buy a ticket here: https://addons.prestashop.com/de/support/16298-prestashop-support-plan.html

or here: https://addons.prestashop.com/de/support/16394-support-premium-plan.html

For your problem with virtual products combination: you want to have the code mentioned before integrated for you from a developer ? If yes than I move your question to the job offer forum section.

The question of support still stands, why couldn't support send an email explaining exactly what you have just done, instead of leaving me to rot in limbo, bit of courtesy goes along way in customer relations even if you can't help someone.

It may be a free plugin and as I've explained, I'd like to see a plugin on a trial version if at all possible so I know it does what it says and I'm not throwing money down on something that isn't suitable for my purposes.

Yes, I would very much like to see what the costs of this would be, thank you for your help.

Cannot answer you, cause you still did not reveial which module it is. There is no free module for that on the Prestashop addons site. If you installed some of other developer, than why making Prestahsop responsible, or bad on things they don't can manage ?

I move your question to job offers section, as it seems your want is a paid solution for your problem.

You are not reading correctly or English is a second language to you. I requested help from Prestashop (waited for three weeks) and I didn't get any, not even a reply to say they can't help on outside plugins, or to direct me to another area for help, if I had we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If your a staff member of Prestashop you are doing a very good job of proving me right in their customer care. I've already stated it was a presta-apps free plugin, what is the problem with that, I have already replied to your offer of putting it on a developer job site so I can pay someone to fix my problem, which I said thank you for, what don't you understand about that so I may help you to get it into your brain that I was grateful for your help.

Stop attacking Prestashop customers who require help, no wonder you get bad write ups if your their customer service model.

I hope to God someone from higher up reads these forums and see's exactly what customers have to put up with, I would send them an email but I'd doubt they would get it or even reply to it.

I'm not a staff member, but my remark is that it is not fair you are belittling Prestashop. You did not reveal which module you tried to use and is not working. You are making Prestashop looking bad on open forum section, without giving them any chance to take a position on your claim, because you are not naming any replicable fact. This is not a correct way for to solve issues. ;)

On 20.1.2018 at 12:12 PM, Photo Booth Animatio said:

And for all the new people just starting to use Prestashop remember their customer service absolutely stinks, it is the worlds worst, in fact you can't call it customer service as it does not exist, remember if you have a problem don't call customer help, you won't get any, unless you want to shell out hundreds of pounds for their assistance but even then I'd be worried you actually would get any, it's what they seem to base their business plan on, take customers money, as much as they can and then leave them to rot. You have been warned.

And yes I'm not native speaker, but my English knowledge is more than enough to understand your problem and .... Your question is already moved to the "job offer" section.

I wish you good luck. I hope you will find somebody willing to implement the changes named in post #2 to your page.