ArtefitaMkt

Hi,

I work for a portuguese company and we're starting to sell to other countries including some outside of EU (countries with other currencies than Euro).
Of course, we'd prefer that visitors from these countries could check prices in their own currency, for instance swedish visitors checking it in SEK.

Now, I've tried International/Settings/Currencies (defining the ones we want and make them active) but I'm facing two issues:

1- Rates aren't accurate (updated?...)

2- Even if we accept the minor differences in rates, the prices aren't converting well. For instance, a product that costs 10Eur (ten) should be around 100Sek (one hundred) but it converts to 10Sek (ten).

Maybe it's my "newbiness" with PrestaShop settings, but... would someone be so nice and try to help me figuring out the whats and whys, please? :) 

Thank you in advance for any kind of help,

Our store: http://www.artefita.pt/store
PS version: 1.7.1.2
Theme: Classic

TY,

João

Edited by ArtefitaMkt (see edit history)

17 hours ago, SLiCK_303 said:

So you have updated the currency rate?  Over on the far right?  Did you setup a cron job to do it everyday as well?  It seems to work fine on my 1.7.2.4 site.

Capture.PNG

Hi, SLick_303

Issue solved. I wasn't updating currency rates automatically, and in fact I didn't know that that possibility was available (the "please install the cronjobs..." notification wasn't visible in my interface).

So, I've installed the Cron Tasks Manager module and it's working fine now.

Thank you a lot for your help,

João

P.S.: If you don't mind if I ask you, do you know if clients will pay in their currency or otherwise they pay in my shop default currency regardless of the currency they choose to view the prices?

TY again.

On 1/16/2018 at 4:31 AM, ArtefitaMkt said:

P.S.: If you don't mind if I ask you, do you know if clients will pay in their currency or otherwise they pay in my shop default currency regardless of the currency they choose to view the prices?

TY again.

I'm clueless sorry.  I dont use 1.7.2.4, or use different currencies, I just have a testing site of it.