what to do about logging in?

Abh

I work in two browsers at the same time (Chrome and Firefox), and what Prestashop 1.7.2.4 does is it doesn't let me log in both. I even made another user for Firefox and it still locks me out. 

This is a really stupid feature if it's not a bug. 

Think it is just you, just tried on test 1.7.2.4 shop and no issues logging in both front or back office in Chrome and Firefox.

Try to use incognito/private browser window.

And you did not mention if you get any error or just timeout and is it front or back office.

I have just tried in incognito mode and it reacts the same. The error I get is that the user doesn't exist  or password is wrong. They're obviously right since I can log in just fine with Chrome.

A friend of mine was trying to login past days and said the same, I thought he just got something wrong, but then it happened to me. 

I've since reinstalled Prestashop but nothing changes. I guess it's some kind of security feature no one asked for.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just found that I cannot access admin area using Chrome. Have had PS 1.7.2.4 for over 4 months with no issue and have always used Chrome. Then recently I could not access using my desktop unless I deleted the desktop's history cache from Chrome. Or sometimes, I could log in okay but could not access orders and it would redirect me to the login page. Then... a couple of days ago I couldn't access the admin at all using my laptop using Chrome. Everything is great when I use MS Edge. 

I think Chrome has had a couple of updates recently? My Version 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit)